Join Insulators Local Union 84 - Apply to our Registered Apprenticeship Program today!
Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in the world by saving lives and the environment?
Do you want to obtain an education without amassing $100,000 or more in student loans?
If you are interested in a challenging career, where you work with your hands to rebuild the community, then you should consider applying to enter the Insulators Local Union 84 registered apprenticeship program.
First-year apprentices earn $16.70 per hour and with $22.51 per hour in benefits, the total earned is $39.21, and those who successfully complete our registered apprenticeship program could earn up to $55.91 per hour!
Insulators Local 84 is actively seeking individuals who are looking to begin their career in the trade and be trained as mechanical insulators.
We offer a four-year registered apprenticeship program, where students learn the trade through in-classroom education and hands on training. This program is run by a joint contractor and union team known as the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Fund (JATF). Apprentices receive:
- 720 hours of classroom instruction over 4 years
- 144 hours of classroom instruction per year
- 1,600 hours of on-the-job training per year
The Heat & Frost Insulators Local 84 Joint Apprenticeship Training Fund will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years or older. The Heat & Frost Insulators Local 84 Joint Apprenticeship Training Fund will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
Learn More About Mechanical Insulators:
Earn While You Learn
About our Apprenticeship Program
While in the Local 84 apprenticeship program, our students undergo intensive classroom instruction and safety training. Our four-year Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training certified apprenticeship program, in conjunction with Owens Community College, provides future mechanical insulators with the skills and knowledge they need to grow, succeed and become experts in their field.
Our highly trained workforce is second to none, as our Apprenticeship Program works to produce the best-trained insulators with the skills necessary to meet industry needs now and in the future. Our training includes all of the following:
- OSHA 10- and 30-Hour Safety Training Courses
- 3E Energy Audits
- CPR and First Aid Training Courses
- Professional Code of Conduct Program
- Pattern layout methodology
- Asbestos Removal and Mediation
- Lead Removal and Mediation
Interested in Joining Local 84?
Local 84 has a rolling application period, meaning you can apply at any time of the year and we will keep your application on file until we hold an aptitude test. Other requirements for the Insulators Local 84 Apprenticeship Program include:
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Must provide proof through a high school transcript of a high school diploma or GED certification
- Applicants must provide a valid driver’s license and birth certificate, as copies must be included with the application
- Interested individuals can apply online or with a paper application on Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Insulators Local 84 Hall, located at 277 Martinel Dr. in Kent.